photo: Anton Zhuravkova
The Department of Hunting and Fisheries of the region set a task for hunters to reduce the density of animals in fixed hunting grounds (up to 0.25 individuals per 1 thousand hectares) and prevent the spread of the disease.
Since there is a serious danger of the spread of African swine fever among wild boars in the territory of the Samara region, the agency requests the users to "take exhaustive measures" to prevent it.
This means that during the hunting season 2019-2020, it is necessary to ensure maximum extraction of wild boars, reducing their habitat density to a value of 0.25 individuals per 1 thousand hectares.
In addition, hunters need to ensure the sampling of biomaterials (lymph nodes, spleen, kidneys, liver, lungs, tubular bone) from all wild boars obtained during the hunt, as well as detected dead boars and animals killed in road traffic accidents for veterinary services.
Officials also recommend feeding wild animals so that their herds do not gather in landfill sites and migrate less. Feeding grounds, of course, must be disinfected.
It is necessary to conduct monitoring at unauthorized dumps in order to detect dead animals in time and send materials for analysis.
And if boars or other wild animals are noticed whose behavior does not correspond to natural behavioral reflexes, any body of the State Veterinary Service of the Russian Federation must be informed about this.
Information for hunters to prevent the spread of African swine fever among wild boars
1. Considering the dangerous situation prevailing in the Samara region on the spread of African swine fever virus (hereinafter referred to as ASF), Samara region hunters should take comprehensive measures to maximize the production of wild boars in the hunting season 2019-2020 and minimize the density of animals in the designated hunting grounds (up to an indicator of 0.25 individuals per 1 thousand hectares) and to prevent the spread of the disease.
2. To ensure the sampling of biomaterials (lymph nodes, spleen, kidneys, liver, lungs, tubular bone) from all wild boars caught during the hunt, as well as dead boars that were found and animals killed in road accidents for veterinary research.
3. To produce intensive feeding of wild boars in the feeding areas in the maximum amount in order to prevent the migration of herds and the distraction of animals from dump sites.
4. Strengthen control over the origin of the spread feed for feeding the boars, as well as the availability of the necessary documentation for the feed.
5. To provide disinfection of fertilizing sites using disinfectants.
6. To monitor the unauthorized dumps for the timely detection of dead animals, products of slaughter animals, food waste.
7. By patrolling, carry out daily monitoring of the surroundings of the feeding grounds and the concentration of animals for the detection of dead boars.
8. In case of detection in the process of walking, guarding or hunting the corpses of wild boars or animals whose behavior does not correspond to their natural behavioral reflexes, as well as in the case of shooting animals with such signs, it is necessary to inform immediately any body of the State Veterinary Service of the Russian Federation (veterinarian , local veterinary hospital, animal disease control station, territorial administration of the Rosselkhoznadzor), department of hunting and fishing of the Samara region, and t Also other executive authorities of a constituent entity of the Russian Federation or federal executive authorities (MES, MIA). When interacting with the specialists of the departments, to carry out the sampling of the biomaterial at the ASF.
9. To provide the necessary assistance to state veterinary services in carrying out activities related to the prevention of the occurrence and spread of diseases.
10. When you make a contract (voucher) for the provision of hunting organization services, specify with the persons planning to carry out hunting in a particular hunting farm before they are located in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation in which ASF outbreaks were recorded.
11. In the event that the information specified in clause 10 is confirmed, from persons planning to hunt on the territory of hunting farms in the subjects of the Russian Federation who are prosperous with regard to this disease, on the eve of the hunt, it is recommended to ensure mechanical cleaning and disinfection of shoes, knives, elements of hunting equipment (outerwear, gloves, etc.), in which hunting was previously possible on the territory of hunting farms unfavorable for ASF and with the use of which the cutting of carcasses was carried out bytyh boars.
12. In the case of use by those who intend to hunt in the territories of ASF-friendly hunting farms, to transport the carcasses of harvested wild boars or parts of carcasses of vehicles used previously in the ASF-disadvantaged hunting farms, hunters and / or individuals operating in the field of hunting, it is recommended to provide disinfection of transport and its luggage compartment, or to prevent the presence and use of such vehicles on the territory of hunting.
13. To organize the disposal of the corpses of the dead (fallen) in accordance with the instructions of the specialists of the veterinary services.
14. Cutting carcasses of harvested animals to carry out centrally in the places equipped on the territory of hunting farms, where the floors and walls of the premises intended for dressing carcasses of harvested animals allow repeated cleaning and disinfection. It is possible to use knapsack sprayers with a volume of at least 5 liters in the warm season as technical means for disinfecting the cutting sites of harvested wild boar; in the winter, powder disinfectants can be used in accordance with the instructions for their use. In the absence of conditions for centralized cutting of carcasses, comply with the conditions specified in paragraph 13 of this leaflet.
15. Disinfect the vehicles and devices used to transport the carcasses of harvested animals.
16. It is prohibited to use motor vehicles for transportation of boar carcasses in the territory of ASF-safe hunting farms, if previously this type of transport was used in ASF-disadvantaged hunting farms.
17. When transporting hog-boiled carcasses to central cutting sites, use tools (plastic or metal tanks of appropriate size) to prevent blood or natural excretion of animals from falling onto the ground or various surfaces of vehicles.
18. Upon completion of the hunt and carving of boar carcasses, disinfect hands, shoes, as well as knives, axes, hooks, ropes and other devices.
19. To take the necessary measures for the non-proliferation of hunting products before obtaining the results of analyzes that allow the use of these products.
20. Transport hunting products from hunting farms only in impenetrable containers (polyethylene and other bags of materials of appropriate density) in order to prevent vehicles and clothes from contacting blood, meat juice, etc. If possible, only luggage compartments should be used to transport hunting products. vehicles, the bottom of which is equipped with rubber or plastic korytopopodobnymi mats.
21. To hunters and / or persons engaged in activities in the field of hunting, not to reuse to transport hunting products plastic bags and other bags (bags), dispose of them in ways that do not allow the ASFV to enter the environment.
22. Hunters and / or persons engaged in hunting activities in rural areas should not allow the use of water, which was used to wash meat or offal from harvested boars before cooking, to feed pigs and other domestic animals. Before disposal, such water must be boiled for at least 5 minutes or disinfected by chemical means.
23. Hunters and / or persons engaged in the field of hunting, engaged in hunting for other species of hunting animals in hunting farms affected by ASF, living in rural areas and keeping domestic pigs in the farmsteads, should be cleaned (washed) and then disinfected. , as indicated in paragraph 22 of this handbook.
July 21, 2019 at 2:58 pm
. (tagsToTranslate) Hunting (t) Farming and society (t) Hunting societies (t) Hunting farms (t) Clubs (t) boar (t) elk (t) roe deer (t) acs