The MOE gave the top 10 tips for the safe collection of mushrooms

photo: Fotolia.com

photo: Fotolia.com

Rule number 1. Mushrooms can not be collected in plastic bags: they quickly break down and deteriorate. A good willow basket that lets in air or a basket is ideal for gathering.

Rule number 2. Collecting mushrooms, you must be 200% sure that the mushroom that falls into the basket is edible. It is not necessary to collect unfamiliar varieties of mushrooms, as well as too young and, on the contrary, very old mushrooms. You should also avoid soft, watery and rotten mushrooms – such prey can be recovered.

Rule number 3. A good way to avoid poisonous mushrooms for inexperienced mushroom pickers is to pick mushrooms only mushrooms with legs under a hat: there are no deadly poisonous varieties among them.

Rule number 4. Rescuers strongly recommend taking a satin-determinant of mushrooms with them for a “quiet hunt” and carefully compare a growing mushroom with a picture. In case of the slightest doubt, it is better not to take a mushroom.

Rule number 5. EMERCOM employees dispelled several myths. First, the blackening silver teaspoon, placed in water with boiled mushrooms, or onions painted during cooking, does not indicate the poisonousness of the contents of the pan. As well as the bitter taste of mushrooms, it also does not always indicate its toxicity. Moreover, many dangerous mushrooms, such as the Amanita, have a sweet and pleasant taste.

Rule number 6. In no case should mushrooms be collected on roadsides with heavy traffic, near industrial enterprises, as well as growing in the moats or at the edge of the forest. “Mushrooms easily absorb heavy metals and other toxic substances,” the rescuers explain.

READ  Yakutians canceled live queues for hunting permits

Rule number 7. Going to the forest for mushrooms should take care of protection from ticks or snakes. You must wear comfortable clothes, and also bring a jacket or raincoat.

Rule number 8. Mushrooms – heavy food. You should not give them to children under 12 years old and people who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract.

Rule number 9. EMERCOM employees remind that among the victims of mushroom poisoning there are also experienced mushroom pickers.

Rule number 10. Rescuers recalled the first symptoms of mushroom poisoning: if nausea, abdominal pain, fever, diarrhea, heart rhythm disorder, or severely dilated pupils appeared after the meal, you should immediately call a doctor. The first signs of mushroom poisoning can appear only after 12-14 hours.

Rescuers also separately remind that edible mushrooms can become poisonous under adverse environmental conditions.

“Growing up near industrial enterprises, chemical plants, highways, where toxic substances are released into the water and atmosphere, mushrooms absorb mercury, lead, cadmium and other heavy metals, and therefore become hazardous to health,” the rescuers memo says;

July 22, 2019 at 12:54

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *